The board of the BAT (Belgian Anesthesia Trainees) is opening the call for candidates for the next mandate 2020-2022.
The BAT The aim of the BAT association is to provide support to all anesthesia trainees in Belgium: - to provide the best possible guidance in their training, - to provide a central point of contact, - to guarantee quality training, - to represent the anesthesia trainees of Belgium within the various relevant associations, both national and international, - to provide additional training, - to connect with each other and to facilitate the exchange of ideas and internships and scientific research.
Every Belgian anesthesia trainee can join our organization for free. You can find more information on our website, https://www.bat-anesthesia.be.
The board consists of 14 members elected by the general meeting for a period of two years. The voting procedure for the functions of President and Vice-President is exclusively electronic. The other 12 board members are directly elected during the general meeting.
The members of the board whose mandate expires can stand for re-election. Only active anesthesia trainees can apply for a position on the board. A board member takes an active role in our association and in the various task forces. Some board members represent our association at national and international associations (SARB, ESRA,…).
In order to obtain a balanced representation of all Belgian universities, we aim for one or two representatives per university on the board. They represent the BAT within their university and defend our interests. They are the person of contact for the members of the BAT.
Specific BAT candidates
· President The president is responsible for the overall management of the association. He coordinates the activities (performed by the board members) and the various task forces within the association. He is the person of contact for external partners and chairs the meetings. He represents the BAT and defends our interests in national and international societies. He performs a liason function with the industry for sponsoring.
· Vice-president The vice-president assists the president and replaces him in his absence. He takes an active role in the daily operation of the BAT. He actively participates in the various task forces.
· Secretary The secretary is responsible for the administration of the BAT and administrative support for the president. The secretary coordinates the communication with members, ... He is responsible for the meeting reports, the member list, the invitations to events, ...
· Webmaster The webmaster maintains the website: content and layout.
· Treasurer The treasurer is responsible for the association's financial administration. He updates the accounting (+ annual filing). He is the contact person of our association at the financial institutions.
More information about these mandates can be found on our website (statutes, house rules).
The candidates are required to send a motivation letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com before September 30, 2020.
Kind regards, The BAT board